1. Fogging up when it's humid outside.
Sure, you were already aware that it was hot, but when your glasses start steaming up, you know it's time to go camp out in front of the air conditioner.
2. Forgetting to take them off before bed.
Then you wake up with your glasses slightly bent and a big mark on the side of your face.
3. Uncreative bullies in elementary school.
You can only hear "hey, four eyes!" so many times before you practically beg those bullies to get a little more original.
4. Getting mascara all over them.
You swipe the perfect mascara up your lashes, put on your glasses, and bam — black streaks up and down the lenses. (Tip: Try this handy tutorial for preventing the problem in the first place!)
5. The awkwardness of kissing a fellow glasses wearer.
It's like playing bumper cars … but with glasses.
6. Exercising with glasses is a workout by itself.
If you head to the gym or out for a run and happen to forget your s, trying to exercise while keeping your glasses on is doubly tough.
7. Feeling "phantom" glasses when you don't have them on.
Even when you wear s, you're always instinctively pushing your glasses up your nose. All. The. Time.
8. Diving in without taking them off.
You thought you were being all spontaneous by just jumping into the pool, but you forgot the most important pre-jump step: Taking off your lenses first. Now, you have to do a recon mission in the deep end.
9. Dreading rainy days.
April showers bring May flowers, but they also make you wish glasses came with windshield wipers.
10. Your friends saying, "Wow, you're blind" whenever they try on your glasses.
Yes, of course you need them. That's why you wear them all day, every day.
11. Walking into the shower with them still on.
It's the morning. Your brain is foggy. Now your glasses are, too.
12. Finally giving in and getting the glasses lanyard.
You swore you would never do it, but here you are: Wearing glasses as a necklace. "They're convenient," you tell yourself, trying to hide your mild embarrassment.
13. The endless pushing up, sliding down routine when it's hot out.
No matter how many times you adjust your glasses, they just creep back down your sweaty nose.
14. Living in fear that you'll break them without having a backup pair.
Suddenly, there's a whole new layer of stress added to traveling.
15. Rolling your eyes at the fake glasses trend.
To some, they're an accessory. To you, they're a necessity.
16. Attempting to use the tiny screwdriver in your eyeglass repair kit.
And on that note, trying to find the stupid repair kit when you actually need it.
17. Never being 100% smudge-free.
No matter how many times you clean them, there's always at least one smudge left.
18. Feeling very cool when you take them off or put them back on.
Whether it's because you're exasperated or simply trying to make a point, a pair of glasses (including sunglasses) being taken off and put back on adds a little punch to the sentiment.