We love flowers in any form: a perky bunch of tulips, a blooming tree, a cleverly folded napkin — and yup, even in eyeliner. These cheerful cosmos by DIY goddess are extra special, because they never wilt. Oh, and you can make them yourself!
- Cosmo flower pattern (Download it for free)
- Green paper ($9 for set of 500 sheets, )
- Red marker ($7 for 2 packs of 8, )
- Floral wire ($5, )
- Floral tape ($8 for 3 rolls, )
- Hot glue gun and hot glue ($9 for set, )
1. Cut out the leaf and flower patterns. and make sure to print it at full size.
2. Trace the patterns onto the red and green paper, then cut out all of the petals and leaves.
3. To make the centers of the flowers, fold the rectangular piece of paper in half and cut small slits along the edge. Use hot glue to roll the folded paper around the end of the floral wire.
4. Use a red marker to lightly shade the pointed end of the crepe paper petals.
5. Stretch each petal into a gently curved shape.
6. Use hot glue to attach the petals.
7. Wrap floral tape to cover the wire stem.
8. Use scissors to carefully curve the leaves, then glue them to a separate piece of wire.
9. With floral tape, attach the leaf stems to the main flower stem, then wrap to cover the wire.
Pin it for later!