If there's any holiday that lends itself to puns, it's Valentine's Day. That's why conversation hearts exist, right? This year, give your loved ones a laugh (or a groan) with silly signs in the cutest DIY plant pots.
- 4 1/4-inch terra cotta pot ($15 for 5, )
- 4 1/4-inch terra cotta saucer ($8, )
- Plant ($19 for 4, )
- Potting soil ($5, )
- Aquarium gravel ($5, )
- Acrylic craft paint ($10 for 6, )
- Paintbrush ($5 for 25, )
- Heavy cardstock ($10 for 50 sheets, )
- Printer ($74, )
- Glue ($6, )
- Wooden skewer ($5 for 100, )
1. Paint your terra cotta pot and saucer, adding a heart accent in a contrasting color. Let them sit until they're dry to the touch.
2. Fill your terra cotta pot with potting soil and carefully insert your plant. Top off with extra soil as needed.
3. Cover up the soil with colorful aquarium gravel or sand.
4. Print the Valentine's Day signs onto heavy cardstock.
5. Cut out the sign and glue it to the wooden skewer.
6. Poke your sign into the potting soil.