You've taken the perfect holiday picture to post on Instagram, but then writer's block hits when it comes to writing the caption. Save yourself the trouble of coming up with something clever on your own (we won't tell) and pick one of these winter-themed phrases for your next snow day post, whether it's a shot of prettiest snow-covered trees or a cup of in front of the fireplace.
Cute Winter Captions
- If kisses were snowflakes, I'd send you a blizzard.
- Snowflakes are winter's butterflies.
- Be like snow: beautiful but cold.
- Eat, drink, and be cozy.
- I love you snow much.
- Hot cocoa + fuzzy socks = a cozy winter night.
- Our hands may be cold, but at least our hearts are warm.
- Stay cozy, my friends.
- If you listen carefully, the silence of snow falling is beautiful.
Funny Winter Captions
- Winter: My new excuse for drinking more coffee.
- There's snowplace like home.
- It's colder than my soul out here.
- Q: How does a snowman get to work? A: By icicle.
- Q: What do you call a snowman with a six pack? A: An abdominal snowman.
- 'Tis the season to be freezin'.
- Up to snow good.
- Every day I’m shovelin'.
- Just remember: Every cold day is one step closer to summer.
- Apologizing in advance for the things I say this winter.
- Wake me up when it's summer.
Winter Activity Captions
- My favorite outdoor activity is going back inside.
- Time to ice skate like nobody's watching (hopefully nobody is actually watching).
- It's all downhill from here.
- Who needs wings when you have skis?
- You're never too old for a snowball fight.
Winter Captions Inspired by Songs
- "Walking in a winter wonderland." —Richard B. Smith
- "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow." —Sammy Cahn
- "Baby, it’s cold outside." —Frank Loesser
- "The cold never bothered me anyway." —Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez
Winter Captions Inspired by Quotes
- "When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels." —Unknown
- "To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake it is necessary to stand out in the cold." —Aristotle
- "Winter is coming." —Ned Stark, "Game of Thrones"
- "There’s just something beautiful about walking on snow that nobody else has walked on. It makes you believe you’re special." —Carol Rifka Brunt, "Tell the Wolves I'm Home"
- "In the winter she curls up around a good book and dreams away the cold." —Ben Aaronovitch, "Broken Homes"
- "Kindness is like snow. It beautifies everything it covers."—Kahlil Gibran