Impress the table with this tangy, yet surprisingly simple glaze. The sweet undertones of balsamic vinegar are brought out by a dash of brown sugar.
medium red onion
instant espresso powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In large roasting pan, toss vegetables with oil and 1/4 teaspoon each oregano, salt, and pepper. Pat chicken dry with paper towel; place on top of vegetables and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Roast 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, stir vinegar, sugar, espresso powder, 1/4 cup water, remaining 1/4 teaspoon oregano, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat to boiling on medium-high, stirring. Reduce heat; simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened and slightly syrupy.
- Brush chicken with sauce. Roast 15 minutes Brush with sauce; roast 10 minutes or until thermometer inserted into thickest part reaches 165 degrees F.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to platter. Strain pan juices into measuring cup; discard fat. Pour juices over chicken and vegetables. Garnish with parsley.